Chocolate Chip Zucchini Skillet Cake
Full of oats, chocolate chips, cinnamon, ginger, and of course shredded zucchini - creating the most delicious and moist zucchini bread ever!
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour or all purpose gluten free flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, plus, 1 Tablespoon for sprinkling on top
3 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 Tablespoons almond milk or regular milk
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups packed grated zucchini, about 2 small zucchini
1 tablespoon Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use coconut oil to grease a 10 inch skillet (or grease and flour a 9 inch round baking pan).
2. Stir the flour, oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup chocolate chips together in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla together in a small bowl and pour into the dry mixture. Gently combine, then stir in the zucchini. Try not overwork the mixture.
4. Scrape the batter into the baking pan, sprinkle with the Turbinado sugar and reserved chocolate chips, and bake for 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then slice and enjoy.